Jumat, 30 Maret 2012

Adv. Clauses

1. Showing opposition (unexpected result)
    - Adv. clauses : even though,...
although, though.
    (a). Even though it was cold, I went swimming.
    (b). Although it was cold, I went swimming.
    (c). Though it was cold, I went swimming.
     - Conjunctions : but ...any way, but ... still, yet ... still.
    (d). It was cold, but I went swimming anyway.
    (e). It was cold, but I still went swimming.
    (f). It was cold, yet I still went swimming.
      - Transitions : nevertheless, nonetheless, however.
    (g).It was cold; nevertheless, I went swimming.
    (h).It was cold, Nonetheless, I went swimming.
    (i).  It was cold; however, I still went swimming.
       - Prepositions : despite, in spite of.
    (j). I went swimming despite the cold weather.
    (k).I went swimming in spite of the cold weather.

EXERCISE : Combine the ideas in the two sentences. Use the given words.

1. We went to the zoo. It was raining.
     even though
     but ... anyway
     nevertheless
     in spite of
     because
2.  His grades were low. He was admitted to the university.
     although
     yet ... still
     nonetheless
     despite
     because of

2 komentar:

  1. Nice article,it could help your students in understanding adj clause.

    BalasHapus
  2. Yes, that's right. By the way, I have sent My SAP about Semantics, you must see it , ok?

    BalasHapus


Rose